The Mini-Z® Solid State Relay (SSR) Design Board, a complete and easy-to-use development platform for Zilog’s series of Mini-Z stamp modules, is designed to provide engineers, students and enthusiasts a simple-to-use platform for developing prototypes and projects ranging from HVAC controls to animated control systems. Engineered to capitalize on the advanced functionality of the Z16MiniZ28 Module, the Design Board exposes all of the Module’s pins to add external functionality for even more creative projects.
The SSR Design Board is compatible with other vendors’ modules such as the Basic ATOM stamp and the Parallax BasicSTAMP. In essence, you can begin your project with what you already have and add the Mini-Z Module later when you are ready for its extra features. The Design Board is designed to be operated by either a 9V battery or an external power supply and uses a USB-to-serial converter so that you no longer need to find a converter or a serial port.
- Controls up to 8 optically isolated solid state relays to drive your devices
- USB serial communications: no more serial cables required
- Operated by battery or external power
- Compatible with the Parallax Basic STAMP programming boards, the BasicMicro ATOM Pro and Zilog’s series of Mini-Z modules
- Each pin is accessible to add functionality through breadboards and cables to additional boards
The Mini-Z Solid State Relay Design Board can be used to develop a number of applications; the brief list below offers a few ideas.
- 12/24 Volt fans
- 12/24 Volt HVAC control; build your own multistage furnace thermostat
- Control 12/24 Volt architectural lighting
- Animated control system: up to 8 individual props
- Audio device control
- Pneumatic controls
Get started developing your Mini-Z application today! Purchase the Mini-Z Solid State Relay Design Board from the Zilog Store.