The Motion Sensing & LED Control Reference Design demonstrates how to use Zilog's Z8FS040 ZMOTION MCU with the IXYS LDS8710 High-Efficiency LED Driver and explains how to implement features such as ambient light detection and LED dimming in addition to passive infrared motion detection. It also illustrates how the combined capabilities of both products are an exceptional choice for energy management functions in applications ranging from low-power displays and backlighting to ambient room lighting control.
The key features of this reference design are:
- Integrated passive infrared (PIR) motion sensing and LED control combined in a single 8-pin Zilog MCU
- Self-contained, single-board solution for motion sensing and LED control
- Motion detection adapts to various lenses with simple header file changes
- Selectable power source of either two AA batteries or an external power supply with operating voltage in the 2.7 V to 3.6 V range
- Ability to switch high-intensity LEDs on and off in response to motion
- Controls LED brightness from three sources:
- Console commands
- Potentiometer (control source depends on software build)
- Ambient light
- Available in handheld size, approximately 2" x 3"
Get started developing your Motion Sensing & LED Control reference design today! Purchase this reference design from the Zilog Store.